We’re Hiring: Styling Manager
Based in Sydney’s South, BOWERBIRD Interiors is Australia’s leading interior styling brand.
We’re not just about furniture and styling, we’re creators of inspiration, always looking to make a positive difference for our clients and our people.
Central to our success, our people love what they do, are purpose-driven, creative and crave variety. At BOWERBIRD Interiors, we love telling stories through faultless execution, ideating new concepts, solving problems strategically and we cherish our creative freedom. We are a united business, proud of our inclusive and supportive culture, we live our values, we invest in and nurture our village and we all contribute equally to our ongoing growth and success.
Keeping true to the business’ foundations of “Process, Integrity and Innovation”, BOWERBIRD Interiors continue to evolve its offerings. Our dynamic team is deeply invested in the success of every project and capturing that authentically modern lifestyle unique to BOWERBIRD Interiors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for a team of creative and talented stylists that select and install furniture and accessories for Homeowners, Homesellers and Commercial clients.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Styling Manager will lead our team of stylists to ensure the faultless execution of styled properties, as set out by the Design Managers and in line with the client brief. As someone who is passionate about bringing creativity to life, you will be the custodian of delivering the creative direction, and as such you will be working closely alongside the Creative Director, ensuring the creative direction is executed to the highest level.
In addition, the Styling Manager will be responsible for managing the schedule of Styling resources ensuring the right Stylist is booked on the right job with a resourcing support framework and contingency planning.
This is a team management position and the Styling Manager will have upwards of 15 direct reports with a blend of both permanent and casual staff. In this role, you will be responsible for the career development and value-driven behaviours of all direct reports and as such, the role requires an inspirational leader, strong management capability and an understanding of general employment legislation regarding casuals, awards, recruitment, leave and performance management.
- Management of a team of stylists that create and install on-brand furniture displays
- Ensure team KPI’s are met and 1:1 meetings are held frequently with the team.
- Escalating any team issues that require support to the Creative Director.
- Ensure a deep alignment and connection with the brand and marketing team – ensuring content generation and content ideas are surfaced as part of the day-to-day.
- Conducting bi-annual performance reviews in parallel with the business.
- Facilitating Training & Change Programs as directed by the business.
- Assuming overall responsibility for completed installations – directing the team and liaising with the Lead Stylist, Warehouse & Operations team.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the team, encouraging and infusing creativity into the work we do.
- Maintain optimum performance of Stylists and achieve the desired creative outcome on each installation.
- Ensuring the Stylists complete all administration tasks and the execution of all planned installs, on time and to a high quality.
- Handling any escalated onsite customer matters and dealing with them appropriately with a prompt and professional manner, demonstrating high standards in customer service.
- Assisting in the warehouse where needed to ensure it is kept in order.
- Styling, packing, installing and removing jobs if needed.
- Ideally 5 years experience managing, leading and mentoring teams.
- Notable experience in interior / property styling or similar.
- Proficient with technology.
- Experience in Photography and Social Media would be advantageous.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Tertiary Qualification in Interior Design / Decoration discipline required
Valid driver’s licence is required for this role
OUR VALUES – THE WAY WE BEHAVE
Our values provide a framework to help employees understand our organization’s fundamental beliefs. Bowerbird is a company that takes pride in the way it treats our employees. We expect our employees to uphold our values in all interactions with both internal employees and external stakeholders.
RESILIENCE – There are two types of people, people who run towards the fire and those who run away from it. In tough times we lock arms and support each other. We don’t shy away from difficult situations. We show persistence and resilience, focusing our energies on toughing it out. We FIRE UP – and fight fire with our passion, our fire.
OWNERSHIP – We own the lessons we learn. We grow by proactively taking responsibility for more than just a job description. We pride ourselves on achieving personal goals and performance and feel fulfilled in the continuous pursuit of our best selves.
CURIOSITY – We are a curious bunch. It’s curiosity that drives us forward and feeds our creativity. The magic is in how things can be done more creatively, more beautifully – and always better than the last time. We never stop searching for the magic.
TRUST – We act with the best intentions for our teams – this is clear through the care and respect we demonstrate with each other. Positivity and honesty is our “modus-operandi” – and with positive intent, the difficult conversations become less difficult. Because we know we are in a safe environment, surrounded by good people.
TEAM – We get involved and involve others. We understand the exponential power that comes with pulling our resources together. We pull our weight, and we help others pull theirs when things get heavy – selflessly and enthusiastically. We work together, not because we have the same employer, but because we are an inspired community of great people, doing great things.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would be great in this role.
Please note – while we would love to accept international applicants, we are not in a position to sponsor visa requirements. You must be eligible to work full-time in Australia without restriction.