We’re Hiring: Bid Specialist
BOWERBIRD Interiors is Sydney’s leading Interior Design and Styling brand.
We’re not just about furniture and styling, we’re curators of spaces, creators of inspiration, always looking to make a positive difference for our clients and our people.
Central to our success, our team love what they do, are purpose-driven, creative and crave variety. At BOWERBIRD Interiors, we love telling stories, ideating concepts and we cherish our creative freedom. We are a united business, proud of our inclusive and supportive culture, we live through our values, we invest in and nurture our village and we all contribute equally to our ongoing growth and success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Bid Specialist you will specialise in securing government tender opportunities and general furniture contracts. Your overarching purpose is to drive growth and success by identifying and securing contract opportunities for furniture supply projects across a number of different sectors. You will be responsible for preparing and submitting tender pitch submissions to maximise the chances of winning these contracts.
It is the Bid Specialist’s responsibility to conduct thorough research and analysis to identify suitable government and privately funded tender opportunities for furniture supply. The Contract Administrator must stay updated with government policies, regulations, and funding programs that are relevant to the industry.
The Bid Specialist must identify potential tender opportunities that align with BOWERBIRD Interiors’ capabilities, strengths, and strategic objectives. Evaluate the feasibility and suitability of pursuing each opportunity based on factors such as project scope, product requirements, budget, and timeline.
- Identify EOIs/RFPs/RFQs and prepare proposals/submit timely and accurate tender documents in response to Government and privately funded contract opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the contract process are met
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the tendering body procurement process, regulations, compliance requirements, procurement and tendering processes
- Monitor competitors and market trends to ensure the company is offering competitive solutions
- Conduct market research to identify potential clients in the Government sector and contribute to the development of marketing campaigns
- Maintain a network of contacts within Government agencies/NDIS/privately funded organisations responsible for procuring goods and services developed and approved by the Managing Director
- Manage vendor relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring they comply with Government procurement policies and regulations
- Maintain detailed records of all Government tenders, proposals, agreements and contracts, ensuring they are up-to-date and accurate
- Administering Service Level Agreements, negotiating the best price/outcome for BOWERBIRD Interiors
- In association with the Head of Design, participate in contract negotiation processes, collaborating with legal and finance teams to ensure favourable terms and conditions for the organisation. Strive to secure contracts that are financially viable and aligned with the organisation’s long-term goals.
- Track and evaluate the success of tender submissions, analysing win/loss ratios, feedback from government agencies, and market trends. Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance future tender submissions.
- Proven experience as a Bid Specialist, Contract Administrator, Contract Manager, or similar role, preferably in the furniture or construction industry.
- Strong understanding of contract terms, conditions, and legal requirements.
- Familiarity with government procurement processes and tendering requirements is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in contract management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multitask effectively.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify risks and propose appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Values-Based Behaviours: As a member of the Sales & Design team you are expected to embed the ethos and spirit of the business priorities, values and foundations, translating these to customer engagement.
- Financial Acumen: Understand and seize large-scale project/contract opportunities, maximising revenue and financial opportunity for Bowerbird Interiors.
- Reporting and Insights: Demonstrate the ability to extract insights and make evidence-based decisions driven by data
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrate ability to prepare detailed and accurate tender submissions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a detail-oriented professional with a solid understanding of contract administration and tender processes, and if you are passionate about delivering high-quality furniture solutions for government and privately funded projects, we encourage you to apply for the position of Bid Specialist. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth within our organisation.
If this sounds like your perfect role we would love to hear from you. Please Send your CV and a cover letter, explaining why you would be perfect for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org