We’re Hiring: Business Development Manager
BOWERBIRD Interiors is Sydney’s leading Interior Design and Styling brand.
We’re not just about furniture and styling, we’re curators of spaces, creators of inspiration, always looking to make a positive difference for our clients and our people.
Central to our success, our team love what they do, are purpose-driven, creative and crave variety. At BOWERBIRD Interiors, we love telling stories, ideating concepts and we cherish our creative freedom. We are a united business, proud of our inclusive and supportive culture, we live through our values, we invest in and nurture our village and we all contribute equally to our ongoing growth and success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Business Development Manager, your main purpose is to create new business opportunities, grow and develop commercial relationships and set up successful commercial client partnerships to drive revenue through Property Styling and Interior Design.
The Business Development Manager will be effective in presenting and promoting the BOWERBIRD Interiors business and service offering, growing new business and geographies and nurturing existing clients across all verticals.
Working closely with the Head of Design, the Business Development Manager will develop suitable strategies and target appropriate commercial clients to create new opportunities for BOWERBIRD Interiors.
Sales and Business Development:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to drive revenue growth and achieve sales budgets.
- Identify and target potential clients in property development, home building, hospitality and office fit-out industries.
- Conduct market research to identify emerging trends, competitors, and customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations to potential clients, showcasing our products and services.
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms of agreements with clients to ensure mutual satisfaction.
Key Partnership Development:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with property developers, home builders and commercial client groups.
- Collaborate with residential property developers to establish referral programs, ensuring a consistent flow of business leads.
- Identify potential partnership opportunities with industry stakeholders to expand our market reach.
- Attend industry events, conferences to network and establish new partnerships.
- Conduct regular meetings and follow-ups with existing partners to strengthen relationships and identify new business opportunities.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, addressing their enquiries, concerns, and requests in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Design and Operations teams to ensure client satisfaction and smooth project delivery.
- Regularly update clients on new product offerings, promotions, and industry developments.
- Gather feedback from clients and relay it to the appropriate internal teams to drive product and service improvements.
Sales Reporting and Analysis:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, opportunities, and customer interactions using Salesforce.
- Generate regular reports on sales performance, market trends, and competitor analysis.
- Analyse sales data to identify areas for improvement and develop strategies to optimise sales effectiveness.
Design Direction & Project Management:
- Provide detailed and accurate design briefs to the in-house design team effectively.
- Oversee project design from overarching concept to final selections ensuring selections are in line with clients’ brief, lead time and budget as specified.
- Ensure the highest quality design and styling outcome is delivered to our commercial clients.
- Ensure commercial design projects run smoothly and the commercial client has best-in-class customer experience with BOWERBIRD Interiors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Business or a related field (preferred).
- Proven track record in sales, business development, or account management, preferably in furniture, interior design, or related industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and closing abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and sales tracking tools.
- Knowledge of the property development, home building, hospitality, or office fit-out industries is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Values-Based Behaviours: As a member of the Sales & Design team you are expected to embed the ethos and spirit of the business priorities, values and foundations, translating these to customer engagement.
- Financial Acumen: Understand and seize large-scale project/contract opportunities, maximising revenue and financial opportunity for Bowerbird Interiors.
- Reporting and Insights: Demonstrate the ability to extract insights and make evidence-based decisions driven by data
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrate ability to prepare detailed and accurate presentations.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for sales and business development, and if you thrive in a dynamic and creative environment, we invite you to join our team as Business Development Manager. We offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for professional growth and development.
If this sounds like your perfect role we would love to hear from you. Please Send your CV and a cover letter, explaining why you would be perfect for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org