We’re Hiring: Head of Marketing
At BOWERBIRD Interiors, we know that life is all about moments.
It’s the first step into your new home, the big reveal after a complete interior makeover…
The love-at-first-sight, can’t-believe-your-eyes, imagining-a-new-life kind of WOW.
Shareable moments. Memorable moments.
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing who is a connector – responsible for one of our business’s most important assets – our brand. Here to bring the wow to life.
We’re looking for a smart, creative and results-driven individual to join our team. You’ll form part of the Leadership team, lead the Marketing team and work closely with the founders, Head of Design and the Leadership team to direct a multitude of marketing initiatives.
While you will be taking on an already established and much-loved brand, there is a huge opportunity for the right person to trailblaze, innovate and make the role your own. You will be responsible for the marketing success of both consumer (B2C) and commercial (B2B) marketing initiatives including brand, media, website, lead generation and customer lifecycle marketing, partnership/influencer initiatives, PR, photography and social media. You will conceptualise go-to-market strategies, and lead the team with marketing strategy and execution planning. We are an omnichannel business looking for a brand-focused gun with an innovative spirit and exceptional intuition about what will get cut through. This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to work hard, generate results and take ownership.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Working across brand marketing campaigns with a focus on strategy and how that is executed
- Leading a marketing team, with a clearly articulated strategy, benefits and expectations of outcomes
- Coaching, mentoring and developing a marketing team, empowering them with the skills and resources, ensuring the team is set up for success
- Being accountable for planning and executing results-oriented media delivery, with a focus on driving return
- Leading multiple channels – our brand is everywhere and not much is off-limits
- You will form part of the strategic delivery team, and as such will be responsible for reporting on commercial marketing success measures such as CPL, COS and ROI.
- Overseeing the Media Agency, you’ll build, optimise and report on content and media performance (paid and organic) across multiple platforms
- The ability, skills and talent – coupled with the ability and willingness to learn new skills – to ideate, create and deliver a variety of content formats (editorial, photography, editing, digital design, copywriting, etc…) across a variety of mediums
- You’re passionate about knowledge sharing, training and coaching others, and visa-versa
- You will lead the marketing efforts of BOWERBIRD Interiors, and ultimately be responsible for the performance of your team and output such as campaigns and brand awareness
- You will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end management of marketing initiatives, from ideation to execution with your team – all with a view to supporting BOWERBIRD Interiors’ business and growth strategy
Your love for delivering excellent outcomes will be the key to your success in this role. Your experience will include but not be limited to:
- You are passionate about building brands and driving growth in the interiors and design space
- You have proven success in leading consumer marketing efforts across all elements of the marketing mix in a high-growth business, and are especially comfortable in digital, social and multi-format content.
- You’ve got a real affinity for the interiors and design space and identify with BOWERBIRD’s brand values which are all about creating inspiration through the curation of beautiful spaces.
- You have a proven track record of building and motivating teams and are equally comfortable toggling between being analytic and creative
- You’re a high-energy, effective visionary leader
- You have a strong strategic vision, and creative/innovation skills with a highly analytical, detail/result-oriented approach.
- The ability to take people on a journey, articulate the benefits of the marketing strategy, and how the brand drives and supports business performance
- You have a strong grasp of tracking and reporting methodologies, with the ability to articulate the impact of marketing, using data to back you up
- You can influence at all levels
- You roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, demonstrating a start-up mindset
- You get a thrill out of being an enabler and change agent
- You have impeccable communication skills and demonstrate top-notch professionalism
- You have a passion for learning and constant improvement
We are down-to-earth and hardworking. Our team is our greatest asset and we value staff with a no-nonsense attitude. No games, politics or cliques – just a great bunch of people working hard to make the office a satisfying and fulfilling place.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO
- Reflect the skills specifically required by the business to achieve its primary aim
- Demonstrate the desire to learn and grow with the business
- Are humble and understand the importance of an individual’s role within a team in making a business succeed
- Bring a unique set of skills that informs the business and shares/teaches others within the business
WE PROVIDE OUR PEOPLE WITH
- Purpose – a clear understanding of why we are here and what we need to achieve
- Process – the means and structure to achieve
- Progress – opportunities and occasions to which to rise, grow and elevate yourself and succeed
- Submit your CV along with a cover letter articulating why you believe you’re the one we’re looking for
- We’ll have a phone call with you to get to know you a little better, and for you to get to know us too. Casual and insightful, we’ll cover at a high level why you’re a fit for the role, the business and our culture
- Meet the team. You’ll meet with a few team members and the key stakeholders you’ll be working with day to day. This meeting will give you a detailed insight into who we are and what we offer… and visa-versa of course
- A show and tell. As with all our leadership team hires, we give you the opportunity to dazzle us with your insights and thoughts on how you can make a difference and make your mark in the exciting industry.
Please note – while we would love to accept international applicants, we are not in a position to sponsor visa requirements. You must be eligible to work full-time in Australia without restriction.