Our team’s fave ‘pick me up’ snack
Well, I would be lying if I said this is a completely healthy snack, but, come on, it really could be worse. I call this a healthy balance, sometimes in life, we just have to indulge, am I right? This is the sort of scrumptious bundle of joy that gives our whole team a ‘pick me up’ with a cuppa in the late afternoon, it brings good vibes, and in our line of work, creativity needs to be beaming all hours of the day. So, I hope you all enjoy it, It is super quick to make, and … you’re welcome!
Lead Design Manager
Peanut Protein Goodness
- 2 cups oats, ground into flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein (I use Prana On – Power Plant)
- 1 cup rice bubbles (don’t come at me! It needs the crunch!)
- 1 ½ cups of peanut butter (or almond butter, whatever floats your boat)
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ block of dark chocolate (good quality – 70% cocoa)
- Prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by spraying it with light cooking spray. Set aside
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine oat flour, quick oats, protein powder, and rice bubbles. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add peanut butter and honey, stirring until the almond butter is melted and fully combined with the honey. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and pour into the dry mixture. Stir until everything is fully combined. The texture should be fudgy – not too wet but definitely not too dry!
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Using a spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan. Pressing down firmly. (Make sure you press down firmly to ensure the bars do not fall apart when cut)
- Place chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and nuke in 20-second intervals, mixing between each. When the chocolate is fully melted, drizzle over the top of the pressed mixture using a spoon.
- Place into the fridge and allow to cool for 60 minutes before cutting into squares.
These peanut protein bars are a superb treat that will keep you going when you need an energy boost. While they may not be the healthiest option out there, they are a great balance of indulgence and nutrition – so don’t feel guilty about treating yourself!
With just a few simple ingredients and easy instructions, you can whip up a batch in no time. So go ahead, indulge yourself, and enjoy these delicious bars whenever you need a ‘pick-me-up’ snack.
PS- If you missed our last week’s family feel-good wet weather recipe, you can find it here!