Hiring: Warehouse Assistant
BOWERBIRD Interiors is Sydney’s go-to interiors experts.
Based at our head office in Matraville, we are looking for a Warehouse Assistant, to coordinate our warehouse and ensure effective and orderly storage and dispatch of high-end furniture to our customer sites.
Our Warehouse Assistant reports directly to our Warehouse Manager as a 2IC in the warehouse, to ensure the warehouse runs smoothly and tasks are executed efficiently, whilst providing additional support to our removals team as needed.
- Picking, packing, wrapping and racking of furniture through the operation of the high reach forklift
- Review inventory sheets and ensure stock is ready to be dispatched, and that sheets are fulfilled for every job.
- Loading or unloading goods from the truck either by hand or by using manual handling equipment while observing safety requirements.
- Assistance in managing the drivers and offsiders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Quality control: Checking items against inventory, noting any wear and tear or damage.
- Where reworks are required, be the key person in rectifying the physical errors of the install, with a professional and sympathetic customer-focused approach
- Weekly / Monthly / Annual inventory stock-take and process to manage deficiencies.
- Assembling and maintaining the furniture.
- Actively participate in process reviews to promote continuous improvement of warehouse operations.
- Develop and maintain excellent and professional working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Ensuring the warehouse is maintained, clean and tidy, and provides any other general cleaning as needed.
- Driving truck/van to Installs, for furniture collection and deliveries where required.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Warehouse Manager on key projects to improve warehouse operations, as required.
- Ensure all WH&S safety requirements are maintained.
- General duties as required from time to time.
- Previous experience in warehouse operations and/or logistics
- Customer service experience in any capacity
- Experience in general warehouse operations
- Good knowledge of the Sydney Metro area
- Good knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory management
- Experience in working both within a team and autonomously
- Have a good level of physical fitness and the ability to lift and manoeuvre large household items
- Full Drivers Licence is required and essential
- A forklift Licence is required and essential
We are a dynamic team dedicated to being different, and we believe in the importance of styling every property, so it is inspiring and captivating to our clients.
We see every position and every person that works for us, as an important aspect of our business, and the key to our current and future success.
We are not looking for the ordinary, we are looking for people who will play a key role in ensuring our business success.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is rapidly expanding.
To apply, send your CV and a custom cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!