Hiring: Project & Procurement Manager
Based in Sydney’s south, BOWERBIRD Interiors is Sydney’s leading interior styling brand.
We’re not just about furniture and styling, we’re creators of inspiration, always looking to make a positive difference for our clients and our people.
Central to our success, our people love what they do, are purpose-driven, creative and crave variety. At BOWERBIRD Interiors, we love telling stories, ideating concepts and we cherish our creative freedom. We are a united business, proud of our inclusive and supportive culture, we live our values, we invest in and nurture our village and we all contribute equally to our ongoing growth and success.
About the role
In this role, you will steward inspiring concepts to life through proactively planning and executing with urgency. You will be instrumental in supporting the overall growth strategy, and continuous improvement goals and ensuring cross-functional efficiency throughout all stages of project and procurement lifecycles.
Day to day you will be planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget. You will designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. Effective communication is at the core of this role. In addition, you will:
- Ensure prompt invoicing of accepted opportunities and follow through to receipt of on-time payment.
- Determine and define project scope and objective.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet the budget.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Incorporate industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project executions.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager or Project Coordinator with a strategic mind, a thirst for precision planning & continuous improvement. You will be highly organised, and possess the ability to prioritise effectively and without supervision. You have a passion for styling, interiors and can manage multiple and often conflicting priorities with finesse – always with a friendly and professional disposition. You care about your teammates and you care about outcomes. You are solutions-focused and looking to build your career. In addition, we hope you have:
- 2+ years of project management and customer experience management
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience managing both short and long sales/project cycles
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Technology Skills: Microsoft Suite and Google Suite are essential with Salesforce favourable
- Tertiary Qualification in Interior Design / Decoration discipline preferred
- Project Management certification preferred
A Valid driver’s licence is required for this role.
If you feel you fit the above description, we can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you and we hope to welcome you to our team soon!