Hiring: Interiors Manager
Every once in a while, along comes a role that defines a career, a role that’s as unique as it is rare – this is that role. Equally, finding the right person to take on this critical position will be a rare find. But we believe in magic, we know you’re out there. Show yourself, and join a team bursting with creativity and inspiration, big ambitions, big dreams, and the business backing to make magic happen.
Our new Interiors Manager forms part of the senior leadership team. This role will lead and develop BOWERBIRD Interiors’ creative and design teams and related initiatives, in alignment with the strategic ambitions of the business. A new role to the business with exciting creative and commercial scope to drive our brand forward.
- Values-Based Leadership: Lead and embed the ethos and spirit of the business’, vision, values and foundations within the design & creative team
- Impact Focus: Lead the delivery of the design & creative team priorities with a focus on smart decision making and effective use of resources
- Collaboration: Enable a culture of collaboration across the business verticals to facilitate creative & design deliverables
- Change Leadership: Operationalise the change required to deliver design & creative priorities
- Team Performance: Enable high performance and capability development across the design and creative team
- Innovation and Improvement: Promote and enable innovative approaches to service delivery and ways of working with a team focus
- Financial Acumen: Lead the delivery of creative services that ensures the financial sustainability of the business
- Creative Acumen: Lead the creative process from the front using your skills and vast experience as a creative and designer.
- Perpetuate BOWERBIRD Interiors’ brand aesthetic across all business verticals
- Work closely with the Creative Director and design team to scope and execute design concepts and set design direction for the business
- Working alongside the Creative Director curating, sourcing and purchasing furniture, accessories and other inventory as needed for execution of projects
- Lead by example and evangelise the culture and values of the businesses
- Manage direct reports creating a culture of inspiration, creativity, collaboration and accountability
- Consistently demonstrate strong leadership qualities – specifically strong communication, positivity, vision, humility and empathy
- Cross-functional collaboration in particular with the Design & Relationship Managers (Business Development) throughout service delivery to enable the best possible outcome for the project and client
- Innovate and push the boundaries of creative execution while ensuring that at the same time you are always keeping the customers’ needs at the forefront
- Effectively manage competing priorities and timelines
- Maintain direct involvement in project activities including scoping design direction, implementation of quality control for picking, packing, styling with a focus on reducing reworks and revisits
- Onboarding, training and development of creative teams
- Reviewing, supervising and mentoring staff
- Establish priorities and work schedules, managing resource needs
- Maintain project WIP and share weekly updates with the leadership team
- Ability to interpret and contribute to the strategic direction of the business from a design and creative lens.
DESIGN CAPABILITY & CREATIVE EXECUTION:
- Lead the design process for key projects and initiatives
- Oversee projects from an initial briefing with Design & Relationship Managers to delivery with designers and projects team
- Ability to get hands-on and jump-in where required to execute on creative briefs
- Understand project scope by working closely with the Design and Relationship Team
- Maintain quality control relating to furniture selection and curation throughout the project
- Resource allocation of the creative team (designers and stylists)
- Design and develop design scope – ie. design direction, colour, furniture sourcing to ultimately create aspirational looks that customers connect with
- Communicate the design vision through dynamic presentations and mood boards to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively manage client deliverables and expectations with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure all communications are recorded and documented in accordance with CRM requirements
- Overall design supervision and accountability for delivery and execution of creative projects.
- Experience across both design and implementation stages of a project
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a high-touch and multi-disciplinary interiors business
- Tertiary qualification in interiors
- Customer-focused, team-focused, results-driven and people-orientated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in maintaining client relationships
- Ability to lead a team
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and custom cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!