Hiring: Head of Customer & People
We are looking for a dynamic “people person” who will be responsible for our business’s most important people – our staff and our customers.
This is no ordinary role. You’ll be well versed in human resources, people & culture principles, with boundless passion and energy that will see you drive exceptional customer experience.
The Head of Customer & People forms part of the leadership team and is primarily a PEOPLE role – with accountability to our internal stakeholders (our people and team) as well as external stakeholders (our customers and clients). The role will lead and develop BOWERBIRD Interiors’ customer and people strategy and related initiatives, in alignment with the strategic ambitions of the business.
- Lead the functional planning process for the customer team aligned to key strategic initiatives
- Putting the client, consumer and brand promise at the heart of our functional plans
- Using customer research and data to uncover insights to inform go-to-market plans
- Oversee customer success, people & culture outcomes, from the ideation phase to full execution ensuring strategic objectives are reflected in execution plans across the function
- Lead and support management and senior leadership team with insights across customer service, customer success and customer experience
- Serve as the escalation point for customer service related enquiries, with a view of resolving with internal stakeholders
- Inform key strategy meetings and internal stakeholder meetings
- Functional leadership and line management of customer support and success team, managing their career development
- Lead by example and evangelise the ambitions, and customer-focused culture of the businesses
PEOPLE & CULTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development, implementation and reporting of the People Strategy
- Responsible for people strategy; people policy; organisational development; wellbeing; return to work, and learning and development
- Translate strategic plans into implementable organisational development plans
- Establish constructive plans to support organisational change
- Ensure a clear workforce planning strategy aligned to the needs of the organisation
- Manage strategic workforce planning to support the development of viable business models, functions and geographies
- Assess and respond to culture change requirements
- Accountable for staff recruitment, onboarding and people growth and development plans
- Support with remuneration strategy and remuneration advice
- Assess organisational learning needs and oversee the learning & development strategy for staff and its implementation
- Responsible for internal communications
- Ensure people processes foster effective induction, performance management, recognition, development, and promotion for staff
- Harness the values of the business to instil and enhance workplace culture, ensuring the workforce feels safe, empowered, fulfilled and valued
- Develop programs to enhance workforce benefits with a view to enhance employee happiness, attract top talent, with a view of making the business a great place to work
- Values-Based Leadership: Lead and embed the ethos and spirit of the business’ mission, vision, values and foundations.
- Impact Focus: Lead delivery of strategic priorities with a focus on data-driven decision making and efficient and effective use of resources.
- Collaboration: Enable a culture of collaboration across the business to deliver on the business’ mission and functional plan.
- Change Leadership: Operationalise and lead the change required to deliver the business’ mission and strategic priorities.
- Team Performance: Enable high performance and capability development across the business.
- Innovation and Improvement: Promote and enable innovative approaches to service delivery and ways of working with a people focus.
- Financial Acumen: Lead the design and delivery of programs and services that ensure the financial sustainability of the business.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and custom cover letter to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!