Hiring: Design & Relationship Manager – Styled to Keep
Our Styled to Keep service continues to grow and we need a special individual to join us, helping us connect with customers. If you have a design sensibility and a rock-solid background in sales, this role has your name all over it.
Your purpose will be to sell inspiration and lifestyle, and deliver the opportunities for our team to create inspiration. You’ll achieve this by developing a pipeline of opportunities, whilst caring for and nurturing relationships with our customers.
Primary Job Scope
The main objective of this role is to generate incremental business through both inbound and outbound sales activities with new clients, whilst continuing to build an ongoing relationship with existing clientele.
The Design and Relationship Manager’s role is to ensure that sales leads are followed through to design and that the client’s needs are understood to ensure superior execution by the Stylist team at the Install phase.
- Developing new relationships through both inbound and outbound sales activities, to build a portfolio of clients
- Nurturing existing relationships ensuring repeat business from clients
- Organising and conducting meetings with new and existing clients
- Coordinating and conducting design proposal appointments with private and commercial clients
- Prepare, submit and follow up on design and sales proposals in a timely fashion
- Prepare on brand and on-trend design schemes and mood boards to meet client briefs
- Liaising with projects team to ensure installations are successfully completed to brief and specification
- Pro-actively follow up with clients demonstrating a genuine sense of care for the client
- Be a single point of contact to the client, handling any escalated clients matters and dealing with the matter, always seeking the best possible outcome
- Contributing to the development of marketing strategies and campaigns, including social media posts, reviews and promoting the BOWERBIRD brand image.
- Maintenance of client portfolio and sales pipeline by ensuring CRM system is updated and admin finalised promptly
From time to time we may require you to also style properties for the company. Therefore, additional support duties may also be required for this role.
- Design and install on-trend furniture
- Manage styling projects from conception to completion independently and within a team
What we offer
Aside from a competitive base salary and further earning potential through generous incentives and commission structures, we also offer the following:
- Autonomy and independence to structure your day as you see fit
- Coaching and mentorship
- A collaborative working environment where executing as a team is top priority
- Access to furniture, accessories and design materials at wholesale prices
- Minimum 2 years experience in Sales with a demonstrated ability to work to and achieve sales and revenue targets
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Interior Design capacity
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to influence and negotiate as needed
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously and collaboratively as a team
- Ability to manage your own time and workload
- Project Management experience
- Technology Skills: MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint are essential
- Experience in photography would be advantageous
Educational Experience Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Interior Design/Decoration discipline
- Valid driver’s licence is required for this role
Our Values – The Way We Behave
Our values provide a framework to help employees understand our organisation’s fundamental beliefs. Bowerbird is a company that takes pride in the way treat our employees. We expect our employees to uphold our values in all interactions with both internal employees and external stakeholders.
CURIOSITY – We are a curious bunch. It’s curiosity that drives us forward and feeds our creativity. The magic is in how things can be done more creatively, more beautifully – and always better than the last time. We never stop searching for the magic.
TRUST – We act with the best intentions for our teams – this is clear through the care and respect we demonstrate for each other. Positivity and honesty is our “modis-operandei” – and with positive intent, the difficult conversations become less difficult. Because we know we are in a safe environment, surrounded by good people.
OWNERSHIP – We own the lessons we learn. We grow by proactively taking responsibility for more than just a job description. We pride ourselves on achieving personal goals and performance and feel fulfilled in the continuous pursuit of our best selves.
RESILIENCE – There are two types of people, people who run towards the fire and those who run away from it. In tough times we lock arms and support each other. We don’t shy away from difficult situations. We show persistence and resilience, focusing our energies on toughing it out. We FIRE UP – and fight fire with fire.
TEAM – We get involved and involve others. We understand the exponential power that comes with pulling our resources together. We pull our weight, and we help others pull theirs when things get heavy – selflessly and enthusiastically. We work together, not because we have the same employer, but because we are an inspired community of great people, doing great things.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and custom cover letter to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!